All the usual sort of stuff...
This version of the policy is effective from 1st January 2011.
What we collect We may collect some or all of the following information:
- Contact information, including e-mail address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or periodic special offers.
Why we require this information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and to ensure the accuracy of our internal record-keeping.
What we do with the information we gather
We may use the information gathered for any of the following
- Improving our products and services.
- Sending occasional promotional e-mails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the e-mail address you have provided.
- Contacting you from time to time for market research purposes via e-mail, telephone, fax or regular mail. We may use the information obtained to customise our website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is 100% secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Skill + Fire is particularly committed to minimising the risks associated with online transactions. To that end, Skill + Fire does not store client's credit card or debit card details.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added to your browser's cache and the cookie helps to analyse web traffic or notifies its owner when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The application can then tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, whereupon the data is permanently removed from our system. Overall, cookies help us to provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept them by default, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website's facilities, though.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other pages which we think you may find interesting. However, once you have used these links and departed from our site, you should be aware that we do not have any control over external websites. As a result, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should always exercise caution and take time to examine the privacy statement(s) applicable to the website(s) in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can check to indicate that you do not want the information provided to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your such information to send you promotional details about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you are happy for this to happen; again, you will be able to opt out of such correspondence at any time.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable for this service. If you would like a copy of the information held about you, please write to Skill + Fire, 43 Leyland Road, Harrogate, HG1 4RU.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.